Monday 1 February 2016

Wayne Trevor


What's your story?

I'm a member of the Impact Hub and a previous participant on the U.Lab course who wanted to carry on with what we started to help bring about real change in the food system in Lambeth and beyond.

What is your connection to the Food System?

I'm passionate about local growing and using unloved public spaces to contribute to a more sustainable, healthier city. I've volunteered at the West Norwood Feast, run a trade school growing edible flowers. For the past year and a half I've been running Bzz Garage, a project to transform the West Norwood Bus Garage into a bee-friendly haven and Open Orchard, a project to plant more than 100 fruit trees in public spaces.

What is your experience of U.Lab?

I really liked the way it forced us all to be honest and open about vulnerabilities.  For me, being able to express those little doubts, those massive frustrations, uncertainties, were key to working more collaboratively and not falling into old patterns of working.

What will the success of this course look like to you?

Success for me will look like better quality listening and embedding of some of the core principles of U.Lab in how the group on the programme interact with one another as they work towards new ideas for how to change the food system in Lambeth.

Share: